Alloy 601, UNSN06601
Alloy 601 is a face-centered-cubic, solid-solution alloy with a high degree of metallurgical stability.
Good resistance to carburizing condition;
Good mechanical properties at both room and elevated temperatures;
Alloy 601 has good resistance to stress-corrosion cracking and is specifically recommended for service above 550℃ because of higher creep-rupture properties, resulting from controlled carbon content and coarse grain size.
The substantial nickel and chromium contents of Alloy 601 in conjunction with its content of aluminum give the alloy superior resistance to high temperature corrosion mechanisms. Of particular signification is its resistance to oxidation at temperatures up to 1200℃. By virtue of its contents of chromium and aluminum, alloy 601 offers unique resistance to spalling under cyclic thermal conditions and good resistance to oxidation in sulfur atmosphere at high temperature.
Alloy 601 has found a wide variety of applications in industries as diverse as thermal and chemical processing, pollution control and power generation. Typical applications are:
1. Trays, baskets and fixtures for heat treatment plant;
2. Strand-annealing and radiant heater tubes, high-velocity gas burners, wire mesh belts in industrial furnaces;
3. Insulating cans in ammonia reformers and catalyst support grids in nitric acid production;
4. Combustion in exhaust gas systems;
5. Components of waste-gas detoxification systems;
6. Tube supports and ash-handing components;
7. Components of waste-gas detoxification systems;
8. Oxygen preheaters.